I’ll tell you a secret.
It isn’t anything ground-breaking — it’s not even something that I’d ever thought about until recently — but it’s something that has come to my attention, and now that it has, I think I need to do something about it.
Are you ready? Alright then — this is it: I have never used black yarn. Ever. I wouldn’t have even considered it as something worth considering. I like things colourful. All the colours of the rainbow at once, or more subtle — shades, contrasts, tones and combinations. Buying yarn is like choosing flowers or sweets in a sweet shop — and it’s usually a case of the brighter the better.
But in the last couple of weeks I’ve suddenly started spotting some great crocheted items that are making me have a rethink about black. Take, for example, this super granny square scarf, as sported by…
View original post 189 more words
Truth Be Told
White women’s tears is one of the main ways White American women have of derailing any talk of racism, particularly their own racism. It is part of a more general pattern of white people making their feelings matter more than the truth – something you see too in the tone argument, for example.
White women’s tears can come about in different ways, but here is the classic scene:
- A white woman says something racist.
- A black woman points it out. (It could be any person of colour but it works best against black women for reasons given below.)
- The white woman says she is not racist and starts crying.
- For added effect the white woman can run out of the room.
- Other whites, particularly white men, come to the aid and comfort not of the wronged black woman but of the racist white woman!
- The black woman, the wronged…
View original post 409 more words
I think I may use this technique for a headpiece…hmmmm?
Light-duty wire cutters
Chain nose pliers (2 pairs are helpful)
This design is made by feeding leather through every other link of two chains using a figure-8 pattern. Rhinestone chain is “caught” in the middle by crossing the leather over both the front and the back of the chain, between the rhinestone links. When weaving the chain it is important to keep the leather loose so that it rests along the outside edge of the chain links.
Step 1: Attach a jump ring to the 1st link of each rolo chain using two pairs of chain nose pliers.
TIP: Notice how the links of the rolo chain are positioned so…
View original post 402 more words
This is good to know.
*** SHARE THIS POST WITH PEOPLE YOU CARE ABOUT ***
AFTER YEARS OF TELLING PEOPLE CHEMOTHERAPY IS THE ONLY WAY TO TRY AND ELIMINATE CANCER, SEEMS LIKE THERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE WAY …
1. Every person has cancer cells in the body. These cancer cells do not show up in the standard tests until they have multiplied to a few billion. When doctors tell cancer patients that there are no more cancer cells in their bodies after treatment, it just means the tests are unable to detect the cancer cells because they have not reached the detectable size.
2. Cancer cells occur between 6 to more than 10 times in a person’s lifetime.
3. When the person’s immune system is strong the cancer cells will be destroyed and prevented from multiplying and forming tumors.
4. When a person has…
View original post 729 more words
This is a senseless act that is perpetrated my individuals with low self esteem. DV needs to be stopped at all cost!!
Here is a sample of some of the items I have in my shop. Please take a look, has two of my favorite artist singing in the background, Lauryn Hill and Bob Marley interpolated perfectly. Mostly everything in my shop is $10.00. Everything in the shop is made by my hands and heart. My shops web address is: http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/studio/EclecticSoul